Receipts shall be submitted for every item of expense with the following exceptions:
- Streetcar, bus, rapid transit and ferry fares; bridge and road tolls, if expenditure is less than $25.
- Meals and incidental expenses, except when specified.
- Taxi or hotel bus fares under $25 when used for official business.
- All legal and miscellaneous expenditures totaling less than $25.
- Parking fees of $25 or less for any continuous period of parking.
In cases where receipts cannot be obtained or have been lost, a statement to that effect must be made on the Travel Reimbursement Request form, approved by someone with authorized signature authority, and when applicable also approved by the cognizant SR grant specialist. In the absence of an approved explanation, the amount involved shall not be allowed. A copy of a canceled check both front and back may be accepted as a receipt. All necessary receipts and tickets must be securely attached to the claim or on a separate sheet of paper that is attached to the claim.
*Note: Documents in Portable Document format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or higher to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader