All purchases of controlled substances through SDSU Research Foundation must be in accordance with SDSU Office of Environmental Health and Safety DEA controlled substance order procedures. These procedures may be accessed at DEA Controlled Substances or by calling the SDSU controlled substances coordinator at (619) 594-6788. Procedures for the purchase of controlled substances with research foundation funds are as follows:
- Projects must complete an SDSU Research Foundation Purchase Requisition form and an SDSU EHS Controlled Substance Purchase Request form. Send both completed forms to the SDSU controlled substances coordinator at mail code 1243, CSL-106.
- The SDSU controlled substances coordinator prepares necessary DEA forms to forward them along with the Purchase Requisition to the SR grant specialist.
- SR grant specialist forwards the approved Purchase Requisition to the transactions team for data entry and subsequent delivery to the purchasing department.
- Buyer completes the order and express ships all paperwork to vendor. All controlled substances are shipped to the following address:
San Diego State University
EHS c/o Student Health Services
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-4701
- When an order is received, the SDSU controlled substances coordinator contacts the project and arranges to personally deliver the order or have it picked up from the EHS main office at CSL-106.
*Note: Documents in Portable Document format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or higher to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader