Date: January 2021
To: All SDSU Research Foundation Employees
From: Eric Elson, Director of Facilities Planning and Management
Subject: Annual Asbestos Notification
California Health and Safety Code, Section 25915, requires that employers perform an annual notification to all employees regarding the known locations of asbestos-containing material in buildings. This annual employee notification process is currently underway at San Diego State University Research Foundation. The purpose of this memo is to notify you of the locations within Foundation buildings where non-friable (not airborne) asbestos is known to exist.
Since asbestos is only a hazard if it is airborne, it is important for employees to follow work practices to minimize the potential for disturbing the material and releasing the fibers. In particular, avoid touching asbestos materials on walls, ceilings, pipes or equipment. Do not drill holes or hang plants or other objects from walls or ceilings containing asbestos. Do not replace light fixtures if the activity may disturb asbestos materials. If you believe that any asbestos materials have been damaged, report it to the Foundation's Facilities Management office. Only persons who are properly trained are authorized to perform work which may disturb asbestos materials.
A listing of all specific locations known to contain asbestos is shown below. Any employee may review the asbestos survey data used to compile this listing and the records of the corrective actions which have been taken. Asbestos related data is available during normal business hours at the Facilities Planning & Management office located at the Gateway Center, 5250 Campanile Drive, 4th Floor.
Known Location of Asbestos Containing Materials Within SDSU Research Foundation Owned Buildings
- 5121/41 Campanile Dr - Roof
- 5723 Lindo Paseo - Exterior East End - stucco
- 5723 Lindo Paseo - Roof South End - penetration mastic
- 6330 Alvarado Ct. - Hallway Plaster
- 6330 Alvarado Ct. - Main Corridor North & South - joint compound, texture
- 6330 Alvarado Ct. - Suite 206 Storage Room - mastic
- 6330 Alvarado Ct. - Suite 208 - joint compound, texture, mastic, black/yellow mastic.
- 6361 Alvarado Ct. - Eastside trailer floor, east building men's room floor linoleum
- 6363 Alvarado Ct. - Back stairwell plaster
- 6363 Alvarado Ct. - Suite 250 - joint compound and texture
- 6367 Alvarado Ct. - Suite 104 - joint compound
- 6475 Alvarado Rd. - Suite 105 - carpet glue/masticand floor tile mastic
- 6475 Alvarado Rd. - Suite 109 - floor tile mastic
- 6475 Alvarado Rd. - Suite 128 - green skim coat
- 6505 Alvarado Rd - Suite 211 - carpet glue, cove base glue, sheet flooring and mastic
Revised: Dec. 2020
*Note: Documents in Portable Document format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or higher to view. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader